Garmin is a trusted brand when it comes to golf GPSs, but there is a wide range of Garmin golf devices that fall into the watch or handheld category. In addition, there are even standard Garmin fitness watches that offer practical golf features. Since there is a wide range of Garmin devices for golf GPS, which Garmin watches are equipped with golf GPS?
Garmin GPS golf watches include models designed specifically for golf, as well as a variety of fitness monitoring devices with golf functions. The Garmin Approach series is by far the largest selection of Garmin GPS golf guides, whereas the Fenix 6 Pro Solar is the best fitness monitoring tool for Garmin golf.
This comprehensive product presentation showcases Garmin’s most popular and useful GPS golf watches. Each watch has some special features that set it apart from many other Garmin golf watches. In addition, this guide will look at another Garmin GPS golf watch to complete the comparison. Read on to find out which Garmin watches are equipped with GPS for golf.
Garmin GPS Golf Watch
What is a GPS golf watch? Intelligent watches that are made exclusively to track golf performance or are wristwatches that have the additional function of tracking golf fall into this miscellaneous category.
No other company does GPS monitoring for golf as well as Garmin. Whether you choose one of the exclusive golf models in the Approach line or prefer a practical golf feature as part of a broader care package, Garmin has you covered.
Let’s take a look at some of the best Garmin GPS golf watches, model by model.
Garmin S62 approach (first choice)
There is no better way to start this guide than with the Garmin S62 approach. Whether you’ve just finished a game and are at the club or in town, the S62 approach is ideal for everyday use. This watch comes with over 41,000 color maps of golf courses around the world.
You can download updates for the course you play most often, and the watch even displays wind speed and direction (when paired with a compatible smartphone), making it much easier to determine proper club and swing direction. If you want to change the time zone as often as you like, no problem, you can opt for one of the interchangeable QuickFit sets.
Make your experience even better with the large, easy-to-read 1.3-inch color touchscreen. You can also download custom watch faces, applications and widgets from the Connect IQ Store and customize the watch face with a photo from your mobile device. The special thing for me is the caddy aid you have on your wrist.
The virtual cart takes wind speed and direction into account and offers a club based on the distance you would normally swing that particular club.
The features of the Garmin Approach S62 are every golfer’s dream, and it’s quite easy to place this watch in the most recommended position.
- Big 1. Easy-to-read 3-inch color touchscreen with scratch-resistant ceramic bezel and replaceable QuickFit strips.
- Over 41,000 full-colour CourseView maps from around the world preloaded.
- Virtual Caddy offers a club based on a golfer’s typical hitting distance, wind speed and direction and indicates on the map where the golfer should aim.
- The Hazard Viewer feature allows you to quickly scroll through any hazard on the map.
- Play based on the counting distance for uphill and downhill shots
- The PinPointer feature indicates the direction of the pin when you have a blind shot, so you know where the pin is – even if you can’t see it.
- The Green View feature allows for manual pin positioning; a quick reference of the distance to the front, middle and back of the green, as well as hazards and temptations.
- The watch may occasionally synchronize inaccurate information during inconsistent weather conditions.
- Writing can be difficult to read in direct sunlight.
Garmin S60 Approach
Not far from the Approach S62 and right next door is the rugged and innovative Garmin Approach S60, a watch that lets you look good on and off the track. The S60 golf watch approach gives you the crucial information you need for your golf course. They are displayed on a large 1.2-inch color touchscreen readable in sunlight to help you master your game. And with the convenient QuickFit straps, you can match your style to your activity without tools, so you’re always in style.
With up to 10 hours of battery life in wave mode or up to 10 days in standby mode, your S60 approach is sure to keep you going. You can even use it for activities other than golf, with predefined activity profiles for running, cycling, swimming and more. And with activity tracking features like bar motion, vibration alerts, calories and steps, Approach S60 helps you stay in shape day after day.
You can also sync Approach S60 with your compatible smartphone to receive smart notifications of incoming calls, text messages, emails and other alerts. For example, there are other ways to connect. For example, the Garmin Golf application lets you compete against your friends on more than 40,000 golf courses. You can download custom watch faces, applications and widgets from the Connect IQ store and customize the watch face with any photo from your mobile device using the Face It application.
With numerous sensors to improve detection accuracy, the convenient AutoShot game tracking feature automatically detects the course and records these distances for post-race analysis on Garmin Connect. This model is ideal as a slightly cheaper alternative to the Garmin S62 approach.
- An elegant golf watch with GPS that reflects your passion on and off the course.
- Quick Fit 22mm Belt Compatible
- Large 1.2-inch sunlight colour touchscreen.
- Outdoor recreation profiles available : Skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, stand up paddle boarding and paddling if you want to give your golf game a break.
- Quickly find your location with GPS to view exact distances to greens, hazards and dogs on full-color course maps.
- Bezel material made of polymer or ceramic
- Convenient Quick-Fit straps for quick style changes without tools.
- Battery life up to 10 hours in wave mode; up to 10 days in watch mode.
- Over 40,000 preloaded courses from around the world.
- GPS navigation problems were improved with the S62 approach.
Garmin S10 Approach
When it comes to the Garmin S10 approach, simplicity and convenience are the two ideas that come to mind for most golfers. This model is an easy-to-use Garmin GPS golf guide and an indispensable accessory for maneuvering around a golf course. The S10’s design is light and uncluttered, and data is easy to read thanks to its very high screen resolution.
The data resolution displays the numbers in a large translucent white color that complements the watch’s simple user interface. Nothing is worse than not being able to read your data on a well-lit golf course, and the large data font is one of the most popular features of the S10. If you want to focus on your game and the course, here’s your golf watch. Based on your location, this golf watch automatically selects the course you play from over 41,000 predefined courses worldwide – with free lifetime updates.
There are also lanes in front, behind and in the middle of the green, as well as obstacles and doglegs. If you finish the hole, it automatically moves to the next hole as you move from the green to the next tee.
The Garmin S10 approach may seem outdated at first glance, but it remains popular because it is easy to use and not confusing when it comes to reporting accurate data.
- The S10 comes with many useful pre-installed maps. Both the green view and the front, middle and back views are conveniently pre-installed.
- The hazards and doglegs are also easy to see and understand, so beginners have everything in sight to master the game of golf.
- The included battery is another notable feature of the S10. The golf mode of the GPS allows you to play for about 12 hours at a time. You can also extend the power of this battery by about two to three weeks. Just use the clock mode of this unit. This way you will never be without your watch at any point in the game.
- The S10 is equipped with a high-resolution monochrome display. 128 x 128 pixels are combined with a corresponding screen size. In this case, the screen size is 0.9 x 0.9. The total weight of the device is 36.28 grams.
- More advanced models are available
- Silicone tape may not be strong enough for some golfers.
Garmin S20 approach
The Garmin Approach S20 is a golf companion that doubles as an everyday watch. I use this watch often and find it a good complement to the simplicity of the S10 approach and the advanced features of the higher approach models. The S20 is immediately distinguished by the integration of the Autoshot panoramic vision analyzer.
This circle analyzer measures and records every distance you travel with a status tracker that you can view in the Garmin Connect application. In addition, the S20 is compatible with Trusty, allowing you to analyze information about your swing that you can later use to improve your golf skills. On the road, Approach S20’s AutoShot tower analyzer tracks shots, measures distance and records shooting locations for post-processing analysis on Garmin Connect.
You can view the details of each round or analyze your cumulative statistics by time or by club and view your swing data. It has never been easier to track your progress and share it with your friends. You can even record your swing sessions for later review.
- Activity tracking features that measure calories burned, heart rate statistics, distance traveled and general fitness monitoring are some of the new features you can expect when you purchase the S20.
- The Course Analyzer’s Auto-Shot feature is ideal for estimating distance to obstacles and other important information about your golf game that will help you improve your overall performance.
- The S10 offers decent battery performance, but the S20 improves this feature considerably. The S20 offers 15 hours of battery life, while the S10 offers about 12 hours. These 15 hours are perfect if you want to play golf all summer long.
- Includes CT10 Proximity Sensors to improve detection of club and putt shots, automatically record shots tracked on each club, track score, and view distance and shot accuracy statistics on the fairway or green.
- Additional features can be cumbersome to navigate if you’re not on the right track.
Garmin S40 approach
At first glance, the S40 Approach is just an incredibly beautiful GPS golf watch. The S40 Approach GPS golf watch with color touchscreen is ideal for your wrist and for the course. It shows the distance to the front, middle and back hazard areas of the green and automatically records detected shooting distances (lies and ball contact can affect shot tracking).
It also allows you to manually adjust to the current keel position for accurate approach shots. The AutoShot stand-alone sensor features several sensors that improve detection accuracy and provides game tracking that automatically measures and records detected shooting distances for post-game analysis in the Garmin Golf application.
You can also sync Approach S40 with a compatible smartphone to receive smart notifications of incoming calls, texts, emails and other alerts right on your wrist. Simply put: The Garmin Approach S40 is one of Garmin’s best golf watches in 2021.
- Sleek and lightweight GPS golf watch with 1.2 color touchscreen, metal bezel and quick release strap for easy style or color change.
- Preloaded with over 41,000 courses from around the world
- Automatic shot detection and automatic recording of distances of detected shots; putts are not recorded and some other shots, such as. B. Chips around green, cannot be captured; pairing with optional CT10 approach.
- The Green View feature allows for manual pin positioning; a quick reference of the distance to the front, middle and back of the green, as well as hazards and temptations.
- Records daily activities, such as steps and sleep, and includes built-in multi-sport profiles.
- Battery life : Up to 15 hours in GPS mode; up to 10 days in smartwatch mode.
- Screen is subject to freezing
- GPS may not be synchronized with all types of golf courses.
Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar
If you’re looking for a Garmin multi-sport fitness watch with golf tracking and want a watch that can harness the power of the sun for long battery life, the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar is the watch for you. This watch puts no limits on golfing and includes additional features for tracking performance in a variety of other sports. The unique power recovery feature extends battery life, leaving you with more time to enjoy the watch’s color maps, streaming music and other innovations.
The first Tempo Pro feature helps you keep your starting strategy on track. It provides corrected scores while playing the course and requires an expert eye for your golf game. They even have topographic maps and predefined ski maps for over 2,000 ski areas worldwide if you are into non-golfing. Other features include a high pulse rate, smart notifications (when paired with a compatible smartphone), a heart rate sensor, contactless Garmin Pay payments and more.
This watch is designed to be worn all day long, making it ideal for golfers who want to play from sunrise to sunset. In addition, a customizable power management mode allows you to see and control how different settings and sensors affect battery life. There’s even a new shipping method that offers a very low-power GPS mode that lasts for weeks.
In fact, it’s one of the best Garmin watches for tracking multiple sports, and even golf is adequately covered in the detailed profile.
- Solar-powered multi-sport GPS watch with a large 1.4-inch display that uses the sun’s energy to extend battery life and give you more time on your wrist for off-grid activities.
- Train with a sturdy but sophisticated watch with a 1.3-inch display and a bezel in titanium, stainless steel or DLC coated.
- Enhanced activity profiles now provide more detailed information about the golfer’s performance.
- Get performance data to help you survive in challenging conditions, including an Acclimatization 2.0 widget to analyze additional data and check how your body is holding up at your current altitude level.
- Outdoor navigation with pre-installed TOPO maps, ski maps for 2,000 ski areas worldwide, support of various global satellite navigation systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and integrated sensors for 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter.
- Solar energy technology requires many activities to take place exclusively outdoors.
Live Garmin 4
The Garmin Vivoactive 4 is another notable Garmin watch at the lower end of the size spectrum. As for golf, you can now use the handy course loading feature to enter and view your performance data and health goals while playing golf. But Vivoactive 4 has so much more to offer if you want to change up your fitness routine from time to time.
If you want a swim mode, this model now has a fully integrated wattmeter that records your movements underwater and suggests improvements to help you reach your goals.
A special feature is the Garmin Move IQ performance monitoring. This feature can automatically detect the type of fitness program you are following. Based on this detection, you can view a recorded event in the Garmin Connect calendar to see what you’ve accomplished even if you didn’t plan to record the activity, which can be helpful if you forgot to sync it before setting the course.
The Vivoactive 4 improves on previous exceptions in this popular Garmin line, such as. B. the Vivosmart series, and with this in mind, the Vivoactive 4 is an excellent investment for golfers looking for a smaller GPS golf watch with additional fitness features for a change.
- Monitors your energy levels
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer, and pair them with your headphones for hands-free listening.
- Record all types of exercise with over 20 pre-programmed GPS and indoor sports applications including cycling, yoga, running, swimming and of course golf.
- Enjoy easy-to-use, animated workouts right on your TV screen, including strength training, cardio, yoga and Pilates.
- Up to 7 hours in smartwatch mode; up to 5 hours in GPS and music mode
- No robust design
- There are not many distinguishing features of golf….
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus
The Garmin Fenix 5 Plus is another excellent Garmin multi-sport watch with golf-friendly features and excellent performance and health monitoring. This watch goes far beyond a simple multisport watch and is the most comfortable GPS golf guide in Garmin’s high-end range. The Fenix 5 is equipped with advanced training features to help you manage your fitness and performance on the golf course.
Advanced training condition and effects records show the aerobic and anaerobic performance of your golf session, which is useful if you are looking for expert control of your health while playing golf. The VO2 max estimator overrides data, including your running, swimming and yes, even your golf strokes, using beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum amount of oxygen you can consume per minute.
Additional fitness metrics include a recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery monitor, and a race prediction that estimates your ideal arrival time based on your current VO2 max. No matter what sport you want to track, Fenix 5 features activity profiles and performance metrics, as well as intelligent notifications. The features for golf are extensive, and this Garmin watch is one of the best to consider if you are concerned about measuring your fitness on the course.
- High-performance multi-sport GPS wristwatch with pulse technology
- Designed for outdoor use, it is rugged and features a stainless steel ring, knobs and case.
- With a performance widget showing the impact and progress of your workouts, you’ll always have the most important stats at your fingertips.
- Connected features include smart notifications, automatic upload to the Garmin Connect online fitness community, and customization with smartphones and free applications from our Connect IQ Store.
- External sensors including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and a 3-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter, ideal for triathletes
- The function for calculating the division can be unequal
Precursor Garmin 945
Finally, the Garmin Forerunner 945 is a great way to connect the golf adapter to your watch display with its great golf prep features. Whether you’re preparing for a tournament or just playing a regular round of golf, you can create your own personalized golf profile or download free profiles that sync directly to your watch. Forerunner 945 also supports Garmin Coach’s customized training plans, a great way to get extra advice or motivation to improve your golf game.
As part of your exercise plan, it can even help you plan the time you will spend in your garden, and provide many other activities. It is equipped with a wrist heart rate sensor and a pulse sensor that monitors blood oxygen saturation to enable advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimatization.
You can even see your total workout load if you play golf or one of the many other fitness activities. It measures your training volume over the past 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness level and recent training history. Moreover, this Garmin watch has a handy musical memory that can be more stimulating than the occasional game or intense tournament.
- GPS Premium Smartwatch Golf Watch with Music
- Download songs to your watch, including Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer playlists.
- Performance monitoring functions include Vo2 Max and training status with heat adjustment, altitude acclimatization status, training load concentration, recovery time, and the effects of aerobic and anaerobic training.
- Colored cards guide you through the game, so you don’t get lost on the board.
- Security and tracking features include incident detection for specific activities that send your location to emergency contacts in real time via a compatible paired smartphone.
- Battery life can be quickly depleted when using multiple functions and music.
- The Bluetooth connection is sometimes unstable.
Non-harmful alternative considering
If Garmin simply doesn’t have what you need (or have too much), the Shot Scope V2 Smart GPS golf watch is a great alternative.
Scope V2 Slim (Noble)
The Shot Scope V2 Smart may not look great, but it’s one of the smartest golf watches out there, combining GPS distance and fully automated round-level performance analysis. You can use the dynamic yards to place the F/M/B on a green that moves with you, adjusts to every angle and provides a detailed view of the course. The Shot Scope V2 Smart also provides a front and rear view of each hazard, which is very convenient.
V2 Smart works on any course in the world, is completely free and respects the rules of the game of golf. Distances are displayed in meters or yards, depending on which view you prefer. The GPS fixes your position and helps you choose which irons to use to approach the spindle.
In addition, automatic performance monitoring allows you to collect data in the background during the tour. Without having to score clubs, take your phone or walk away from the game, V2 Smart collects performance data so you can see how you’re actually playing.
Your swing is automatically recorded with ClubSense technology, so you don’t have to record every swing. By removing the practice swings, this technology will allow for the collection of information about the club used and the location of each course, and this information will be plotted on an aerial map of the course.
I highly recommend the Shot Scope V2 Smart if you are looking for an accurate GPS and an easy and discreet way to record and analyze your course performance. Improved post-round shooting range dashboard with over 100 stats and round level maps for each round.
While this watch may seem simple, it was designed by an elite team of golfers to ensure that every statistic was hand-picked to give you the maximum chance of improvement. The statistics are divided into five categories: Rackets, T-shirts, approaches, short game and ball prints.
Not bad for a cheap GPS golf watch.
- Cost-effective and user-friendly
- GPS distance to the green front/center/rear and obstacles
- Automatic performance monitoring with Clubsense technology
- The free account is available on iOS, Android and desktop.
- No subscription needed
- Poor battery performance
- GPS synchronization can be difficult in bad weather.
What is the best GPS watch for Garmin Golf?
With its expert features and accurate GPS location, the Garmin Approach S62 wins every time. This watch features a high-quality design and a convenient circle analyzer that measures and records every distance traveled, with status tracking that can be viewed in the Garmin Connect application.
The fitness monitoring that this watch offers is a great way to measure the amount of movement you do during a round of golf, which can be difficult to track without a screen that tracks the efforts you make on your body. As mentioned earlier, the Automatic Golf Shot Analyzer is ideal for use as a digital scorecard for measuring putts per round and other important dynamics of your golf game.
But the Garmin S20 approach is not far behind and is a much better option when it comes to measuring and analyzing shooting distance. The S20 allows you to view your entire game after the game via Garmin Connect, so you can analyse your techniques long after the game is over and use them to improve your game.
Both options are excellent. In addition, we can say that the Garmin S60 approach is almost equal to the S62 approach in terms of performance. If you choose one of these two models, you’ll have an almost level playing field with superior quality.
Does Garmin Instinct have a GPS for golf?
The Garmin Instinct offers many different sports, but golf is not one of the sports featured on this model. Later, the Garmin Vivoactive 4 was released, which counts golf functions among the available sports modes.
How many years does a Garmin watch last?
A Garmin smartwatch generally lasts up to 5 years if updated properly. Battery life varies by model, but you can usually get a few hours of battery life in GPS mode and up to a week on a single charge outside of GPS mode.
Is the GPS golf watch accurate?
The accuracy of GPS golf watches generally depends on the type of GPS added to the watch. Garmin watches typically add GPS, GLONASS and Galileo to their models to increase the efficiency and overall coverage area over which the watch can navigate. It should be obvious that the weather in the area will also play an important role in the accuracy of the GPS timing, and a clear view of the sky will always give the best readings.
What are the best GPS multisport watches?
The Garmin Forerunner 945 continues to make the list of the best GPS watches. With this model you can run, cycle, swim and even play golf with the same innovative features for performance monitoring and medical statistics. The Forerunner 945 is also easy to use and features Vo2 Max and a training mode with heat regulation, altitude acclimatization, training concentration, recovery time, and aerobic and anaerobic training effects.
Garmin is the best brand of GPS golf watches, and all these golf GPS models are solid watches with superior navigation that will be useful for your golf game. Whichever watch you choose, each of these models is sure to offer accuracy, danger and even shooting distance. Some models are smaller than others, and some offer many advantages that other models cannot.
The final decision is based on what you are looking for in terms of comfort, necessary features and, most importantly, GPS accuracy based on your overall level of golf. Consider the V2 Smart Shot scenario if your Garmin watch doesn’t have what you need.
garmin approach s62, garmin approach s60, garmin approach s40, garmin golf watch, garmin s62, garmin s60, garmin approach s10, garmin golf watch s62