If you want to become a privacy-conscious Internet user, you need to be careful and attentive with every device connected to the Internet.
It doesn’t matter if the device is small or large, or if you consider it unimportant. If you connect and use the device via the Internet, you should think about data protection beforehand.
For example, check out Amazon’s Fire TV USB flash drive; there are many things you can do with this little device. But did you know it can compromise your privacy? A malicious third party can access your data through Firestick.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick lets you stream all kinds of content from your favorite streaming services like Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The device also provides access to applications such as Spotify, Amazon Silk Browser, etc. to ensure the best user experience when streaming.
See you around. The Amazon Fire TV Stick is the perfect channel for your ISP to track your online streaming activities. Your traffic is usually visible to the ISP you use, so some of them may limit your bandwidth and lower your speed.
So, you need to install a reliable VPN to hide your data from the prying eyes of ISPs. You can broadcast as much content as you want, and no one can control you. Today, the centers for security and privacy continue to focus on the use of VPNs.
Another reason is that your VPN allows you to bypass geo-blocking and censorship on a lot of content. However, keep in mind that this illegal action is not recommended as it may result in you going to jail. Then walk carefully.
Just like any other market, the VPN market is flooded with products, and everyone claims to be the best. Make sure you choose a truly optimal, fast and tested service to protect you from cybercriminals. Digital security centers like VPNMentor and Privacy Savvy can help you find the right VPN.
In the rest of our article, in this guide we will share some simple ways to set up a VPN on the Fire TV USB flash drive. While the process can seem intimidating, we’ve tried to simplify it.
Setting up the Fire TVUSB Drive
If you have never used the Amazon Fire TV key before, you can follow the steps below to set it up.
- Plug the USB cable into the micro USB port on the Fire TV stick.
- Connect the power cord to the power adapter.
- Plug the power adapter into an available electrical outlet.
- Connect an HDMI Fire TV cable to the appropriate HDMI port on your TV or computer monitor. Note the number of the HDMI port to which you connected the cable.
- Turn on the TV and open the same HDMI input channel on the TV
- Select the Fire Stick remote (insert the 2 AA batteries included in the package).
- Make sure the remote is automatically paired with the Amazon Firestick. Otherwise, press and hold the Home button on the remote for ten seconds. The fire stick goes into discovery mode to begin pairing.
- Once the pairing is successful, press the Play/Pause button to start the installation.
- If you have an Amazon account, you can register a Fire TV key. Otherwise, create a new one, or delete the registration of the old one to create a new one if you wish.
- Connect your Fire Stick to Wi-Fi
- Then follow the available topics and enjoy the Fire TV Stick.
- Don’t forget to install the available updates to keep your hardware up-to-date and functional.
- Install the application on your mobile device (phone/tablet) for easy navigation.
To install a VPN on the Fire TVkey
There are two ways to use the VPN of your choice on the Fire Staff.
- Install a VPN from the Fire Stick Application Center.
- Via the Android APK of your VPN service.
Installing a VPN from within applications
It’s the easiest way to set up a VPN, and anyone can do it. For this method, follow these simple steps.
- Open the application panel of the USB flash drive.
- Go to Utilities, click on the categories to go to the VPN or,
- Type VPN in the search bar to display it faster.
- You will find many VPN services such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, IPVanish, CyberGhost VPN, PureVPN, TorGuard VPN and many more.
- Select your preferred VPN service (you will need to subscribe to it).
- Visit the bidding details section
- Download the VPN of your choice
- Wait for the installation to complete (this shouldn’t take more than a few minutes).
- After installation, you are ready to use a VPN on the Fire TV Stick.
Setting up a VPN using Android APK
This method is a little more complicated than going through the built-in applications section of the Fire TV Stick. However, you must perform this procedure if your VPN service does not appear in the list of requests.
The good news is that the Amazon Fire TV USB flash drive runs on the Android version, so the Android APK will work on your Fire USB flash drive. However, you should run some tests to make sure your VPN works after you install it on the Fire Stick. This is the only way to ensure that the VPN does not spy on your IP address or other information.
So you can download the APK Android VPN service of your choice here. This section can be confusing, especially if you can’t find the APK on the download pages. But if they have it there, you have an easier job ahead of you. So, to download the Android APK of your VPN service from their website, follow these steps:
- Open the Fire TV Stick settings.
- Go to Device and click on Developer.
- Allow applications from unknown sources.
- Go to Search and type Downloader.
- Install the charger and start it.
- Open the start page of the application
- Enter the download link for your Android VPN APK
- Click the Download.apk button to download the file.
- Follow the instructions and install the application
- If the tooltip does not appear automatically, go to Downloads in the Downloader application.
- Click on the Android APK file you just downloaded.
- Go to Settings to find the VPN.
- Click on Apps in the settings to find the VPN.
- Click on it and select Run Application.
- Once it starts up, log in and choose a location in the United States.
- Press Connect
- Don’t forget to uncheck the Allow applications from unknown sources option in the developer settings.
Note that you may not find your VPN’s Android APK on the website. In that case, you may need to download it from other sites, such as APKPure or APK Mirror.
Unfortunately, these sites can host malware that looks like official applications. So be careful when using them (it’s always a good idea to check with the VPN customer service). You can also get the APK and it won’t work on your fire stick. In that case, you may need to consider the following method.
Other ways to use the VPN on the Fire TVUSB stick
Install a VPN on the router and connect the Fire Stick.
If you find that there is no APK file for your VPN, but there is a routing application, you can use it. The good news is that there are many benefits to installing a VPN directly on your router. The first is that it covers all devices that use the network. All you have to do is set up a VPN on your router, connect the Fire Stick to your router, and choose a location in the US.
Using Kodi & Plex to stream media with Fire TV Stick.
These two applications are additional ways to access your favorite content on the USB flash drive. If you use Kodi or Plex, you can add many sources from the media library and personal servers. Use a VPN on Kodi, and thanks to the application, you can access any content you want on the Fire TV key.
To install Kodi on the fire stick, proceed as follows
- Go to Settings
- Select Devices and go to Developer Options.
- Enable Allows requests from unknown sources.
- Starting the charger
- Go to the application home page.
- Enter the link https://kodi.tv/download.
- Select Android and then ARMV7A (32-bit).
- Follow the instructions for loading and installing the junction box.
- Go back to Settings, select Device and select Developer Options to disable the Allow applications from unknown sources option.
As for Plex, you can find and download it through Apps on the Fire Stick. If you don’t want to do this, you can install the Kodi application add-on module and use its interface instead.
End of reflections
The Fire TV Stick is an internet-connected device that is vulnerable to malicious third-party attacks. Therefore, you need to enable a reliable VPN service to protect your privacy when using the USB flash drive.
There are two ways to install the VPN service of your choice on the USB stick, as shown above. But if you can’t do either, connect your device to a secure VPN router or Kodi and stream your favorite content with ease.
frequently asked questions
How do I install a free VPN on the Amazon Fire Stick?
Is there a free VPN for the Amazon Fire Stick?
Here are the best free VPNs for the Stick of Fire. NordVPN is the best unlimited VPN for streaming, and you can try it without risk with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Windscribe is a truly free VPN with 10 GB of free data per month, enough to broadcast in high definition for three hours. But the free servers are slow and limited.
Should I use a VPN with Firestick?
Why you need a VPN to broadcast your personal data with Fire Stick Safeguard : Unfortunately, third-party Android applications are not always what they seem to be. Sometimes hackers and other cybercriminals use seemingly normal applications to collect your personal information, such as passwords or banking details.
how to install free vpn on firestick, free vpn for amazon fire stick, how to install vpn on firestick, vpn for fire tv, do you need a vpn on firestick, cheapest vpn for firestick, express vpn for firestick, nord vpn on firestick